Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Supernatural Episodic Quotes

Supernatural Episodic Quotes



#5.08 “Changing
Channels”



Impala Sam: Dean?



Dean: What?



Sampala: "That feels really
uncomfortable."



Dean slams the trunk shut.



Sampala: "OW! You sure this is
gonna work?"



Dean: "No, but I have no other
ideas."



Dean: "All right, you
son-of-a-bitch, uncle! We'll do it!"



Sampala: "Should I honk?"


























EPISODE 5.08
THE CHANGING CHANNELS



Have we ever seen the Winchester Boys looking so care-free and
happy? Tandem bikes, football and mini bikes…looking like two care free Texan
boys!!







 



This
episode rocked! I loved all the parodies. I knew all the shows, even “Grey’s”
even though it’s not one I watch. I actually loved “Knight Rider”, I even liked
that last incarnation (yeah I know no accounting for taste
J) so that whole parody
was pure bliss.



Dean’s
reaction to hearing Sam’s voice coming out from his baby perfect,

 the red lights in the grill,
the car speeding down the road and even the same music. Sampala the name for
“baby” awesome. Some other very clever person came up with that name on a
review site I found.



 



I’m
not going to review the first part when Dean and Sam are trapped in TV Land. I
would have no idea where to start or what to single out, all of it had me in
stitches. I’m just going to list the lines that for me were particularly
hilarious.



 



The
cheesy theme song and opening credits really clever. If you haven’t heard them
or read them you really must.













The
ghost in the wardrobe priceless, Sam looking terrified after discovering said
ghost, Dean and Sam laughing their heads off, and Dean with grease on his
forehead. Loved it.



They
are just too funny. Here are the words:



Town to
town, two-lane roads



The family
biz, two hunting bros



Living the
lie just to get by



As long as
we're moving forward



There's
nothing we can't do



Together
we'll face the day



You and I
won't run away



When the
demons come out to play



Together
we'll face the day







Dean: “Son
of a bitch!!”




For
me this was the best line just for the way Jensen delivered his classic line.
“Three’s Company parody was dead on and too funny. "Son of a bitch"
has always been my favorite line from Dean. Never have I enjoyed Dean saying
this in so many different ways but each of them fabulous....




 



Dean: “I’m
gonna need a bigger mouth.”



Dean: “Hey
there, Sammy. What’s happening?”



Sam: “Oh
you know. Just the end of the world.”



Sam:
“You’re gone need a bigger mouth.”








Sam’s
in the bathroom getting ready and Dean is indulging in a guilty
pleasure…watching a show Dr Sexy MD.



 What a lovely motel they are staying at. Looks
just a tad familiar doesn’t it? Nice
way to save on the set decorating! And again we have Dean doing the research
with a laptop! Has Dean taken over Sam’s job!

 

Dr Sexy MD is a much better name than Dr McSteamy even if that's not
the name of the show



 



"Seriously"
was serious! Hasn't Sam been using that word a lot this season?? Sam getting
slapped so many times was really funny. It really should have been Dean not
Sam. (Isn't Dean the woman chaser?) Dean's crush on Dr Sexy...loved it.. Dean
knowing he wore cowboy boots! Way to go Dean!! I have a crush on Steve Basic
too, met him at a convention last year. He is very sexy and “mcdreamy”
:)



 

Sam: “This
show has ghosts? Why?” (Can anyone say JDM!!!)



Dean: “I
don’t know. It is compelling though.”



Sam: “I
thought you said you weren’t a fan.”



Dean: “I’m
not. I’m not... Oh God.”



Sam:
“What?”



Dean: “It’s
him. It’s Doctor Sexy.”








Sam: “I
thought you’re not a fan.”



Dean: “It’s
a guilty pleasure."



(Side
note here: when did Dean take off his coat? Mistake of continuity maybe?



 



Sam
and Dean conclude rather quickly they are dealing with “The Trickster”.



Dean
"Good, I've been wanting to gank him since Mystery Spot."



Dean:
"SOB didn't think twice about ganking me, a thousand times,"



Sam
wants to become BFF with the Trickster to get more help on their side fighting
this war, but Dean thinks his brother has lost it.



 Dean: "You're serious--ally with the
Trickster,"a bloody, violent monster, and you want to be Facebook friends
with him?--nice, Sammy."



Now
when did Dean get savvy with networking? Not that long ago he had no idea what
My Space was. OOH do you think we can find “the real Dean Winchester” on
Facebook???? OMG I wish! This Grey’s parody had some of the best lines. Once
Dean has pinned against the wall, the trickster stops hiding, and gets back at
Dean. Richard is so amazing playing this role. The next batch of conversation
and interaction with the boys had me grinning again like a schoolgirl. Dean
gets shot again only this time it’s in the back.







Dean:
"It's real, it's real!"



Sam:
"No no no no no! Hey, I need a doctor!"



This
was just too cruel. That scream of Sam’s took me right back to “Mystery Spot”
and I’d bet it did the same to Sam. With the trickster just having disappeared
Sam must have thought he was re-living his worst nightmare again.



 



Nice
transition from operating room to game show studio. The Nut Cracker"
game...poor Sam, how many times is that for him? I can think of a few. Sam 3
Dean 0...that’s just wrong but so right at the same time.











The
questions asked by the game show host were serious questions in the middle of
slap stick show. BTW Jensen gave his answer in Japanese. Someone mentioned his
pronunciation and inflection was off a bit but other than that he said the
words correctly. Hey Dean and now join Bobby in conversations in Japanese hehe.



 



Ok,
I can’t let this go by without making a comment. The ad that Sam is forced to
do, Jared was so good in this scene, really not comfortable doing this and Dean
not giving him any help at all. Again poor Sam, should it not have been Dean
doing this commercial? He has much more to do with the ladies than Sam ever
does.












Back
to the sitcom and more great lines.



Dean:
"How long do we have to keep doing this?"



Sam: We
might die in here.".



The
audience laughs.



Dean:
"How is that funny?" "Vultures!" great

 







I’ll
casually mention Jensen has impeccable timing for comedy. No wonder he would
like to do one, he’d be great. But this time around Jared was just as awesome
doing the comedy. He has come a long way from “Gilmore Girls” and S1 of SPN.



 



Moving
on in TV land the boys are now in CSI: Miami
and a bunch more fun, great lines and awesome impersonations of a certain
detective who shall remain nameless. Jared’s “jackpot” and Jensen’s “no guts no
glory” absolutely perfect.






 



And
finally on to my favorite parody “Knight Rider” with Kitt!!! Everything was
perfect, from the yellow striped lights in side when Sampala spoke to the running
lights on the grill, to speeding down a leaves covered back road instead of
flatlands that looked like a desert.

And to top all this wonderfulness of we
even got the “original Knight Rider” theme. This was just the icing on the
cake.








One
more thing, the trickster is much more powerful than we could have imagined.
Dean and Sam trap him in a circle of fire.



Trickster:
“Well-played, boys,", where did you get the holy oil?"



Dean:
"You might say we got it out of Sam's ass."



Sam: “So
which one are you--Grumpy, Sneezy or Douchey?".







And
with that we meet Gabriel the archangel.



 



What
a great twist; The Trickster is Gabriel! I did not see that coming…no way. Gabriel blow your
horn!
  Well the trickster has
been doing that since the Winchester Boys first met him in “Tall Tales” then
“Mystery Spot” another of my all time favorites.



 



What
an episode hilarious, funny and I had tears running down my face from laughing
so hard. and suddenly bam it turns dramatic...and we are back to apocalypse.
This was one earth shattering scene. Gabriel’s anger and ranting and raving
about the boys should just say yes and get it over with. This is their destiny.
Good for Dean and Sam still fighting to find another way. Dean learned so much
about these screwed up angels. It’s really getting hard to tell the difference
between angels and demons. Dean is using this knowledge to win this war. He is
finally figuring out just what the real game plan is. The parallels between
Dean and Sam as brothers and an absent father and the angels and an absent
father has me feeling I’ve never been this involved with a show like this that
has caused me to think deeply about life in general. That’s one of the biggest
reasons why I love this show.



 



I
have hope and faith after this episode that Dean and Sam can fight Lucifer and
send his sorry ass back to hell without either of them saying yes. I have no
idea what Eric Kripke has planned to solve this, I’m just going to sit back at
watch it all unfold. There is no way I can guess what is going through Eric’s
mind, and that’s coming from someone who has a warped sense of thinking, but I
can’t hold a candle to Eric when it comes to his ideas.



 



The
twist with Gabriel was brilliant, but my thinking is maybe Gabe was pretending
to be the Trickster to mess with the boys minds? Maybe the trickster is still
alive and well. Would make sense cause the Trickster’s MO and antics doesn’t
fit with an archangel.  



 



I
believe Kripke has more up his sleeve in dealing with the conflict and
relationship between Sam and Dean. It’s too important an issue the writers have
set up since season 1 to have it fixed so fast and everything is all ok now.



I
love this show so the issue as to whether either or both boys will say yes to
their intended vessels is too complex a question and makes my head hurt. This
one I’m just going to wait and see what happens. “In Kripke I Trust”. He and
writers haven’t let me down so far.







Dean:
"All that stuff he was spoutin' in there, think he was tellin' the
truth?"



Sam:
"I think he believes it,"



Dean:
"So what do we do?"



Sam:
"I dunno,"



Dean:
"I'll tell you one thing, right about now, I wish I was back on a TV
show,". Sam: "Me too."



And
that makes three of us.





 



All
screen caps courtesy of Oxoniensis



 



Nitewoman








No comments: